Monday, May 18, 2009

7 Years ago TODAY

7 years ago TODAY Chris purposed to me when we were up at Lake Powell. It was a Burk family reunion (my family) and he came with me to it. I knew he was the one for sure not long after we started dating. He tried to find the right time to pop the question, but it was not working out like he wanted it to. The entire thought up a plan. I had no idea of anything at all. Which is crazy because a house boat is only so big and there were a lot of little mouths that could have slipped and said something. It was so unbelievable, but no one did. My uncle asked me if Chris and I would go back to the dock and get some Pepsi out of his truck. I said of course cuz it was Pepsi!! Anyways we didn't get too far in the boat when Chris stopped and turned the boat off. (This is in the dark too). So i was a little nervous when he stopped because I thought something was wrong with the boat. Well he of course got down on the floor in the boat and said a lot of things and of course I said YES! Now here we are 7 years later, 3 kids, graduated grad school and staring the new job! I love Chris more than word can describe. He is one of the greatest people I know and is amazing at everything! I LOVE you babe!

2 comments:

Janet said...

And we are sooo blessed to have you in our family! We're very glad that you said "yes".

RHulsey said...

I remember that. We were all so excited.